It is important to specify the proxy server details, the moment you use a proxy server for connecting to the Internet. For those who do not know what is Network Proxy Settings and how does it help? It is a window option that enables you to enter the automatic configuration settings, proxy settings and the rest of the proxy server authentication settings. With the help of Network Proxy Settings, you can connect to the Internet while you perform tasks such as activating and running the service or accessing the support option available.
This article will discuss the steps to configure the Network Proxy Settings in Norton application. If you have any other query related to Norton products and applications then you can visit the official Norton website that goes by the URL norton.com/setup.
Easy to follow steps to configure Network Proxy Settings
Some easy steps are mentioned below, with the help of these steps you can configure the Network Proxy Settings without any hassle:-
- In the first step, you have to click on the “Norton” icon on your screen to launch the program.
- Now, you have to click on the “Settings” option that is visible in the Norton main window.
- You have to now click on the “Administrative Settings” in the Settings window.
- Now click on the “Configure” option visible on the screen.
- In the Network Proxy Settings window, you have to do one of the following:-
- If you wish your browser to detect the network connection automatically, you have to check the “Automatically” detect settings that are visible under the Automatic Configuration.
- If the proxy server requires an automated configuration URL, then check “Use automatic configuration script” under the “Automatic Configuration”. You have to type the URL of the PAC file in the URL box.
- If your network uses a proxy server, check the “Use a proxy server for your Http connections. You have to type the URL or IP address of your proxy server and in the port box, you have to type the port number of your server.
- It is recommended to specify a value from 1 to 65535.
- In case your proxy server requires a user name and password, and then you have to check “I need authentication to connect through my firewall. You have to type the user name in the Username box and the password in the “Password box”.
- In the final step, you have to click on the “Apply” option in the Network Proxy Settings window.
Note:- For more details, you can visit the Norton official website that goes by the URL norton.com/setup.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
The steps to configure Network Proxy Settings have been already discussed in the passage above. However, if you still face issues in performing the steps, you can visit Norton official website, that goes by the URL norton.com/setup and follows the instructions carefully as described on the webpage.